Cafe Assistant Manager Nibble Manchester
We are hiring for a Cafe Assistant Manager at Nibble in Manchester.
Nibble is a female run independent cafe in Manchester’s city centre.
We do all day brunch, handmade cakes, local coffee and lots for lunch too.
We specialise in making dietary requirements less stressful, providing options for everyone, and making sure that eating out with us is a joy.
It’s my personal mission to use our platform as a female founded business, to help other women believe that they can do f*cking anything, which led to the birth of our ‘girls can’ merch range.
more about our small business
I took the business online over covid to get us through lockdowns, which remains part of what we do now. We offer UK delivery of our handmade cakes, afternoon teas, and edible gifts, from our online cake shop, with all dietary requirements and occasions catered for.
We also cater for businesses in and around Manchester and offer corporate gifting too.
Our core values are ‘friendly’, ‘fun’, ‘female’, ‘confidence’, ‘knowledge’ and ‘positivity’ and we work with these words in mind to give our team and our customers the best possible experience.
We are a small team of amazing women, who love to laugh while we work, looking for a like minded Assistant Manager to become a truly valued member of the team, help support what we already have in place, and help us grow for the future.
the assistant manager role
I am looking for an Assistant Manager to help support me (as General Manager and also the business owner), to help me support and train the team and ensure that all cafe standards are met.
We are known for our outstanding customer service in all areas of our business, and it is really important to me that this continues. As Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring this happens, in my absence and while working alongside me on a daily basis.
I am looking for someone who wants to learn the ins and outs of running a business, who will help us grow our revenue streams, and bring fresh ideas and suggestions to help do so, and improve what we do.
I am looking for someone to help me lead the team, who wants to make new friends and help us take the business to the next level. We are a small team, so each person has a big impact.
The Ideal Assistant Manager
- Has front of house hospitality experience at a supervisory or management level
- Has experience working in fast paced, independent cafes or restaurants
- Wants to further their area within the hospitality industry
- Wants to learn about all aspects of business
- Is a positive, friendly, outgoing person
- Loves to talk to people and works with a smile on their face
- Excels in customer service and goes the extra mile
- Has strong time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive and makes suggestions – ready to bring new energy and ideas to the business
- Is a natural born leader
- Wants to make friends at work and be part of a tight knit team
- Will be cool, calm and collected under pressure – don’t let our size fool you!
- Can use a professional coffee machine (but not essential as training will be given)
- Is able to cook (even if just at home) and willing to learn food prep and service
- Is passionate about food and drink (especially brunch and cake), and true hospitality
- Is passionate about female empowerment
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must speak and write good English
are you a shit hot assistant manager looking for a cafe job in manchester?
Brownie points for –
- Being an ace on social media and creating content
- Having a banging sense of humour
- Blogging or writing creatively
- Having experience catering to those with dietary restrictions
- Being passionate about sustainability
- Having experience working with food or cake
- Managing shifts in the absence of (and alongside) the general manager (also the business owner)
- Supporting and reporting to the business owner
- Leading and supervising the team
- Delivering friendly, attentive customer service at all times
- Ensuring food and drink standards are met and served quickly
- Working at a fast pace, turning tables quickly and ensuring the team do too
- Preempting what customers need, without being prompted
- Helping to train, support, encourage, delegate to, and manage a small team
- Assisting in menu planning and food preparation as needed
- Helping with content creation and ideas generation
- Ensuring consistency and quality of service and produce no matter who is working
- Helping to create and implement strategies to achieve sales and profit goals
- Assisting with making sure we adhere to budgets, and costings
- Ensuring that the cafe is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring that food hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring that our allergen policies are followed at all times and that people with dietary requirements are well catered for
- Ensuring that catering bookings and online shop orders are delivered timely, with great cafe customer service along the way
Working hours and salary
This is a full time role, for 45 hours a week, which will be a mix of weekend and week day work. This is a daytime role, with normal working hours between 8am and 6pm.
The salary for this role is £28,000 a year.
- Management bonus scheme when sales targets are met
- Card and cash tips
- Team discount in cafe and online
- Invitations to all staff events and training
- Affiliate links for our online cake shop (and reward for each order gained through you outside of the cafe)
- Free staff food and drink when working on site in the cafe
Please send CVs with a cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’d be a great fit for Nibble, and I’ll be back in contact with those successful getting to the next stage!
Find out more about us in this fab Stylist magazinearticle!