cafe supervisor job manchester
Us girls at Nibble are hiring for our next squad member!
One of our amazing team members, who has worked up the ranks over the last three plus years, is off traveling. It’s been amazing to see her grow through her journey with us, but now it’s time for someone else to have a go, and she’s leaving some big boots to fill!
We are looking for a positive, creative individual who is willing to learn, and who wants to grow with us and help us take the business forwards as we grow and diversify.
We are looking for a natural leader, with a real passion for food, true hospitality and business.
This is a varied role (more on that below), working day time hours, and you’ll learn loads about all aspects of the business. We are a small team, so each member has a big impact. For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity to be part of an amazing team, and something we think is really special!
hospitality jobs manchester
Customer service experience within the hospitality industry is essential, and weekend working is non-negotiable so please do not apply if you don’t want to work weekends, and if you’re not familiar with working front of house.
The cafe may be small in size, but we are big in personality, and we have to turn tables quickly and do all areas of service as a result, so candidates must be able to multitask, be willing to learn, be proactive, and work calmly under pressure. We can be seen by customers at all times, so this isn’t a role for anyone who wants to shy away from people, and our customer service style is above and beyond.
join our female focussed team
Our mission is to make dietary requirements less stressful and less limiting for our lovely customers, eating out should be fun, especially cake! We do all we can to make sure that what we sell is accessible to as many of you as possible and that it’s banging no matter what!
We do this from the cafe, and also from our online shop, which offers UK delivery.
It’s become my own personal mission as a female business owner to use our platform to help motivate and inspire other women, helping them believe that they can do f*cking anything, and this is what inspired our merch.
We live our working lives –
- Prioritising people and preempting what they need
- Making things ourselves, and therefore knowing what goes into everything
- Showing our processes to make customers feel safe
- Providing great quality produce and great value so people don’t miss out on taste, texture or choice
- Loving what we do and working as a tem
- Building relationships with our customers, they aren’t just a number to us!
We do all this, as a hard working, team of 5, and we’re ready to map out our next chapter and take things to the next level!
What we are looking for…
Ideal candidate –
- Has supervisory or management experience (or lots of really strong experience in hospitality and a go getting personality, willingness to learn and get stuck in, and an amazing work ethic – we all had to start somewhere!)
- Has experience working front of house in a fast paced environment
- Can use a professional coffee machine (but not essential as training will be given)
- Will be cool, calm and collected under pressure – don’t let our size fool you!
- Will be a people person who is friendly at all times and works with a smile on their face
- Has a can do, positive attitude
- Wants to make friends at work and have a good time
- Can work on their own and as part of a tight knit team
- Will have a love of food and a passion for hospitality
- Loves brunch and cake
- Will be willing to learn new skills and work across all sections within the cafe – this means customer service, drinks and food service too (with time and training)
- Is passionate about female empowerment
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must speak good English
Brownie points for –
- Being an ace on social media and creating content
- Having a banging sense of humour
- Blogging or writing creatively
- Having experience catering to those with dietary restrictions
- Previously working for an independent business
- Being passionate about sustainability
- Having experience working with food or cake
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Managing shifts in the absence of the owner and assistant manager
- Supporting the owner and assistant manager when on shift together
- Delivering friendly, attentive customer service at all times
- Working at a fast pace, preempting what customers need, without being prompted
- Helping to train, support, encourage, and manage a small team
- Assisting in creating new monthly specials menus
- Helping with content creation and ideas generation
- Ensuring consistency and quality of service and produce no matter who is working
- Assisting with making sure we hit sales targets and costings
- Ensuring that the cafe is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring that food hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring that our allergen policies are followed at all times.
Candidates will be required to carry out all aspects of the job here at Nibble – customer service, drinks service, food preparation and food service and all cleaning duties. This is of course shared among those working on the shift, but as we are small, there’s no shying away from all aspects of the job.
Once we’ve found our perfect person, we will first ensure that they can confidently carry out our front of house service cycle and serve customers to the pace that they are used to. Once all front of house training has been completed, we will next work on drinks service.
We will arrange professional coffee training, and will of course train on the job too. Once this section is delivered calmly and organised, at speed, we will train our new recruit on all areas of food service and preparation.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn all aspects of the job and experience new things. We have an amazing, close knit team and great relationship with our customers, so it’s also a great place to make friends and have a good time.
We’ve worked very hard to gain a great reputation for feeding those with dietary requirements so everyone in our team learns our menu and helps with prep to better understand what goes into everything we make so that they can confidently juggle the dietary requirements of our customers.
Think you’re the new member of the squad?
CVs with a cover letter to email@example.com
The role is for around 40 hours a week at a starting salary of £11 per hour.
Tips paid fairly as a split between the team based on hours worked that day.
Management bonus scheme for hitting financial targets.
Staff discount in the cafe, online, and on our merch, plus free meals and drinks on shift.
We do things legally here! You accrue paid holidays, get a proper contract, and all that fun stuff!